In this era of online surveys, Toluna has an effective presence. I am presenting you with a detailed Toluna Review on what is does, how this website works and also should you go with this platform.
Today, Toluna is one of the most popular paid-survey and marketing research companies. Currently, Toluna is in lot of hype, you might now be wondering if they’re actually legit? Let me help you out in finding how legitimate is the company.
Here I present you the ins and outs of Toluna and also what they’re about…..
What Is Toluna?
Now is the time to delve into what actually is Toluna and what have they got for you. This is survey website which is now officially called Toluna Influencers, which is part of the Toluna Group.
After my research on their website I found that the Toluna members can make their voices heard and inspire the changes in the products and services that they believe in. Toluna has a huge community of say about 10 million members, among which one of them can be you.
Who Are Toluna Influencers?
The Toluna influencers are none others than the people like you, who are connected to many via multiple digital media channels. As a Toluna Influencer, you need to transform the products and services that matters to you. You can also share your opinion by sharing Toluna’s surveys.
The formula is just simple! Your voice + Toluna’s voice = The Voice of Change.
How Toluna Works ?
Basically, Toluna hosts various surveys wherein the Toluna members can answer in exchange for the points. They can then exchange these points for gift cards from different retailers or cash through PayPal. Although all are not eligible for all surveys at a certain time, but Toluna gives it members 200 points for attempting.
Toluna also makes it possible for its members to earn points from testing products, answering sponsored mini-polls, referring other members, and winning contests and sweepstakes. Eventually, the main method still remains earning points by answering Toulna’s surveys. The best part about this platform is that they provide quite easy and simple way to set up an account.
Along with the ease of making accounts Toluna also rewards its members with 500 points, so that the member gets a complete sense of accomplishment. After my detailed research there isn’t much information about how long they’d take. But one thing is sure that once the member gets into higher “paying” surveys the screen looks like this:
The interesting part is earning 2,500 points for a 35-minute survey is Great when compared to other paid survey sites.
How To Earn Points in Toluna?
There are number of ways to earn points here:
- It is the main way to gain points
- Accessed via platform or email invitation
- Can earn 15 to 20,000 points for each survey
- Time differs with length of survey usually it takes few minutes or as long as 35 mins
- If disqualified you need to get into sweepstake or they give you points to compensate
- Test products in the comfort at your home
- You keep the products you test
- Provide your opinion of the products you test
Those are the main ways to earn on there but there are also community things you can do also earn more:
- Mini Polls: you can create polls for people to answer to get 100 points, it’s just a easy yes or no poll.
- Battles: you can write about why you like one thing vs another and earn points.
- Thumb It: you usually insert a photo to your discussion here to induce others to vote if they like it or not.
- Friend Referrals: you can earn for 500 points for each referral.
Who Can Join Toluna?
The survey site, Toluna is available worldwide, mainly in the national language in most of the cases. The site is also quite user-friendly. The points that the members earn can vary depending on the country that the member reside in.
There are quite good opportunities in the US, Canada, Australia, and the UK. Not just these countries they’re widespread in the countries like India, Singapore, Malaysia, Denmark, Sweden, Belgium, Japan, New Zealand, Russia, UAE, South Africa, Hong Kong, China, and in many more.
Being spread worldwide, in most countries, Toluna also allows teenagers of 14-years or older to sign-up. The facilities that Toluna usually varies depending on the countries. Suppose if the member signed from one country and tries to survey from different countries, then he won’t be able to accomplish it. Hence, it does not allow to survey when the member is travelling.
Earning opportunities in a survey site is not the only important thing, but it is quite necessary to know how they pay. The Toluna survey site pays it members through points. They reward their members for the time they spent giving their opinion.
The members can redeem the points for all kinds of cool stuff, right from sweepstakes tickets for new gadgets or gateways, gift cards for selection stores that include Coles and Woolworths, or might be even cold hard cash. The members can also earn points for signing up, filling the profile surveys and creating quality content. Once the member’s balance starts increasing, it’s up to them on what rewards they get and when they wish to cash them in.
Toluna Payment and Points System
The point system for Toluna is pretty simple. You can gain your points for PayPal payouts or other awards. However, you must have minimum of 30,000 points to receive rewards. Once you login for Toluna, you can browse their full list of rewards. Here are some current options:
- $10 gift card for Starbucks – 30,000 points
- $10 gift card for Cheesecake Factory – 30,000 points
- $10 gift card for Redbox – 30,000 points
- $10 gift card for Jiffy Lube – 30,000 points
- $25 gift card for Restaurants.com – 45,000 points
- $25 gift card for Walmart – 75,000 points
- $25 gift card for Fandango – 75,000 points
- $30 PayPal payout – 90,000 points
This list displays that each point is worth about 3.3 cents. But, the length of time taken to reach a reward depends on the site. Additionally, it also depends on what earning options you take advantage of.
Toluna Pros and Cons
While researching for Toluna, I came across both Positive and negative reviews.Well, you might be willing to know the pros and cons before you invest time into Toluna.
- Toluna is free to join.
- You receive email notifications when new surveys are available.
- There is a large selection of rewards for you to choose from.
- Toluna partners with very popular, reputable companies.
- Toluna’s website is modern and user-friendly.
- You can take surveys using their Android or ios.
- When you complete surveys, you get into the Toluna Prize Draw. This drawing gives 3 cash prizes to Toluna users.
- Many users complain on being screened out of surveys as they don’t meet all the criteria.
- You need to earn a quite high amount of points to receive payouts and rewards.
- The survey questions can be repeated.
- Surveys can take upto 15 to 30 minutes to complete.
- Some users report long wait times when they request for reward or payment..
- You need a minimum of $30 to cash out via PayPal.
Final Thoughts :
Toluna is a fun website to try, but, like all other survey websites out there, you cannot expect to get rich out of it. Overall, my view from my research is that Toluna is completely legit. This survey site also include millions of active users, and they partner with reputable companies.
They also offer a wide range of selection of rewards for users. Eventually, there’s a pretty helpful community that’s completely free for you to use.