I’m pretty sure that you might be very well aware about Google Adsense, which is one of the best advertising networks available. But have you heard about media.net? Are you aware that this platform which is an alternative to Google Adsense?
If not, then let me tell you that media.net is a contextual ad network which is bought by Yahoo! And Bing together. Having done complete research on this advertising platform, I present to you the detailed review about this site.
Let me delve you deeper into the detailed Media.net review…
What is Media.net?
Divyank Turakhia established the platform in the year 2010 with 20 employees. However, within just 6 years, the company has grown to 800+ employees with 6 offices in USA, UAE, Switzerland, India and became a leading player in the display ad industry.
Media.net is a leading ad tech company mainly focusing on developing innovative monetization products for digital publishers. Additionally, the company runs the 2nd largest contextual ads program across the world and work as the trusted advisor to top management across a number of large publishers. Moreover, several leading publishers including WebMD, Forbes, NY Times, Martha Stewart, Good Housekeeping etc. use Media.net ads on their websites.
How does Media.net work?
Initially, you need to request an invite. The company manually checks every site submitted for policy compliance.
The publisher receives the result via email. However, if accepted, you will receive your login credentials along with the confirmation. Moreover, if declined, they will provide possible reasons in their notification email.
Once your application is approved, log into your dashboard, start creating ad units for your website, and place the code. The process is simple and almost similar to ad networks such as AdSense or any other.
Finally, the payment part, everyone who uses these ads on their sites will make a net 30 basis for accounts that have accrued at least $100 or more.
For instance, if your unpaid earnings exceed $100 in May, you will receive the payment by the end of April. All the payment are received via PayPal Payoneer or Wire.
Features Of Media.net:
- Contextual Advertisements: As per our discussions earlier, the ads that are shown depending on the context of the page.
- High Revenue: The ads in this platform are usually of higher quality. Also, there are various optimization techniques that help you make good amount of money from hosted ads.
- Mobile Ads: This is one of the key features of Media.net. Although this feature is yet under the beta version, it will grow slowly with the increasing number of smartphone users. Also, mobile ads are the future of advertising for publishers.
- Account Manager: Media.net also offers dedicated account managers. Once your media.net account is verified, you will be assigned with an account manager. He is the one who assists you with the setup and help you start.
- Reporting Dashboard: The media.net reporting dashboard is very neat and clean. Also, it is easy to become accustomed to using it.
- Allow Using One Account For Multiple Websites: One verified account is usable to run advertisements on multiple websites. It is necessary to get approval from every site, but it’s easy is through the help of site manager.
- Minimum Traffic: Your site needs to have minimum of 1k visitors per day. Also, the Alexa Rank should be under 1 Million.
- Publisher Language Requirement: Primarily in English.
- Prohibited Publisher Content: Alcohol, Adult, Illegal Drugs, Gambling, Violence.
The Media.net program is only available to websites that:
- Must include their content in English.
- Receive majority of visitors from the United States, United Kingdom or Canada.
- Contain original and unique content.
- Should update their content regularly.
- Does not violate any 3rd party intellectual property rights
- Does not include excessive advertising
- Have a precise amount of content
- Have a navigation-friendly website design.
Pro’s & Con’s Of Media.net
Pros Of Using Media.net:
- Its Free – There’s practically no cost involved to join.
- Powerful Dashboard – You can filter your earnings by various durations. Additionally, the reports and graphs will help to keep track of your website performance.
- Higher RPM On Average –Basically, it provides best RPM (Revenue Per Thousand Impressions) rate in the industry.
- Highly Converting Ad Design Options – The intuitive designs of the ads blend well with the blog layouts, which leads to higher CTR.
- Allows Ads On Sticky Sidebars – The biggest plus point of Media.net is that it lets you allow ads on fixed or sticky sidebars.
- Excellent Customer Support – The customer support will guide you optimize the ads and maximize your revenue.
Cons Of Using Media.net:
- Some Ads Require Double Click from Visitors – There are few ads that require visitors to click twice before you get paid. This can eventually minimize your income a bit.
- Revenue Isn’t Updated In Real-Time – The platform doesn’t display your earnings in real-time. however, you need to wait for the next day to find out today’s total income.
- Requires Most Of the Traffic From Specific Countries – It requires most of the traffic from Canada, USA, or the UK.
To conclude, I think the platform is indeed the best alternative to Google Adsense. It is one of the most effective and easy-to-work-with ad network available. Moreover, if you match the requirements, you must definitely give a try and embrace the opportunity.
That’s all in this Media.net review article. If you are an existing Media.net publisher, I would love to hear back from you. Let me know in the comment section below. Hope you find this article interesting. Don’t forget to share it on social networks.