When it comes to earning through blogging, you have plenty of options. One of the easiest ways is to place PPC advertisements on your blog, and you will be paid depending on the number of clicks on ads, quality of traffic, and niche.
Basically, among all other advertising networks available, Google AdSense is simply the best. Currently, a similar earning platform is getting a lot of buzzes. Media.net, which is a contextual ad network bought by Yahoo! and Bing together.
In this review, I will cover everything you are searching about Media.net.
What is Media.net?
Divyank Turakhia established the platform in the year 2010 with 20 employees. However, within just 6 years, the company has grown to 800+ employees with 6 offices in USA, UAE, Switzerland, India and became a leading player in the display ad industry.
Media.net is a leading ad tech company mainly focusing on developing innovative monetization products for digital publishers. Additionally, the company runs the 2nd largest contextual ads program across the world and work as the trusted advisor to top management across a number of large publishers. Moreover, several leading publishers including WebMD, Forbes, NY Times, Martha Stewart, Good Housekeeping etc. use Media.net ads on their websites.
How does Media.net work?
Initially, you need to request an invite. The company manually checks every site submitted for policy compliance.
The publisher receives the result via email. However, if accepted, you will receive your login credentials along with the confirmation. Moreover, if declined, they will provide possible reasons in their notification email.
Once your application is approved, log into your dashboard, start creating ad units for your website, and place the code. The process is simple and almost similar to ad networks such as AdSense or any other.
Finally, the payment part, everyone who uses these ads on their sites will make a net 30 basis for accounts that have accrued at least $100 or more.
For instance, if your unpaid earnings exceed $100 in May, you will receive the payment by the end of April. All the payment are received via PayPal Payoneer or Wire.
- Minimum Traffic: Alexa Rank Under 1 Million.
- Publisher Language Requirement: Primarily in English.
- Prohibited Publisher Content: Alcohol, Adult, Illegal Drugs, Gambling, Violence.
The Media.net program is only available to websites that:
- Must include their content in English.
- Receive majority of visitors from the United States, United Kingdom or Canada.
- Contain original and unique content.
- Should update their content regularly.
- Does not violate any 3rd party intellectual property rights
- Does not include excessive advertising
- Have a precise amount of content
- Have a navigation-friendly website design.
Pro’s & Con’s Of Media.net
Pros Of Using Media.net:
- Its Free – There’s practically no cost involved to join.
- Powerful Dashboard – You can filter your earnings by various durations. Additionally, the reports and graphs will help to keep track of your website performance.
- Higher RPM On Average –Basically, it provides best RPM (Revenue Per Thousand Impressions) rate in the industry.
- Highly Converting Ad Design Options – The intuitive designs of the ads blend well with the blog layouts, which leads to higher CTR.
- Allows Ads On Sticky Sidebars – The biggest plus point of Media.net is that it lets you allow ads on fixed or sticky sidebars.
- Excellent Customer Support – The customer support will guide you optimize the ads and maximize your revenue.
Cons Of Using Media.net:
- Some Ads Require Double Click from Visitors – There are few ads that require visitors to click twice before you get paid. This can eventually minimize your income a bit.
- Revenue Isn’t Updated In Real-Time – The platform doesn’t display your earnings in real-time. however, you need to wait for the next day to find out today’s total income.
- Requires Most Of the Traffic From Specific Countries – It requires most of the traffic from Canada, USA, or the UK.
To conclude, I think the platform is indeed the best alternative to Google Adsense. It is one of the most effective and easy-to-work-with ad network available. Moreover, if you match the requirements, you must definitely give a try and embrace the opportunity.
That’s all in this Media.net review article. If you are an existing Media.net publisher, I would love to hear back from you. Let me know in the comment section below. Hope you find this article interesting. Don’t forget to share it on social networks.