|Released||Jan 14, 2014|
|Wallet type||Multi-currency, Web-based, hot wallet|
|Platforms supported||Android, iOS, Chrome, Firefox and Windows|
|Cryptocurrencies supported||BitCoin(BTC), Dashcoin(DSH),Dogecoin (DOGE), Emercoin(EMC), and more|
One of the most crucial factors for any of the cryptocurrency users are choosing the right and a suitable wallet. This is very important as the wallets store the funds of the users and the security of their funds is completely dependent on the wallet.
Among them, Cryptonator is one such wallet which is among the top in the market with great quality features. It is a multi-coin wallet that has been operating since 2014.
In this article, we will give you a detailed guide to the Cryptonator Wallet and its overall aspects. Let us look into this Cryptonator Wallet review in detail now.
What is Cryptonator?
Cryptonator is a multi-currency digital assets wallet. The wallet was founded by Andy and Brian Chan. Its headquarters is located in Hong Kong. Currently, the CEO of the company is Brian Chan. The wallet claims to have at least 1 million active accounts and has allegedly processed over 80 million transactions to date.
Cryptonator is an online cryptocurrency wallet that was launched in 2014. It helps in the management of various digital currencies in one personal account. It is an all-in-one online wallet that supports multiple cryptocurrencies like Litecoin (LTC), Bitcoin (BTC), Dogecoin (DOGE), and more.
The Cryptonator wallet offers services in five languages which include English, French, Spanish, German, and Russian.
- Multi-currency: One of the best things about Cryptonator is that it supports a good number of fiat currencies including Euro (EUR), United States Dollar (USD), Russian Ruble (RUB), and Ukrainian Hryvnia (UAH).
- OS compatibility: Cryptonator is compatible with several operating systems, including Windows, Android, iOS, OSX, Chrome, Firefox, and OSX.
- Multi-languages: Cryptonator supports five languages. They include French, German, Spanish, Russian, and English.
- Two-factor-authentication (2FA): The crypto wallet is specially designed to send a One Time Password (OTP) in the form of a code. The code is sent to the user’s registered mobile number.
- SSL connection: All transactions at Cryptonator are protected with a secure HTTPS security protocol or SSL connection.
- Hot wallet: The best thing about hot wallets is that they can be accessed at any time as long as there is an internet connection.
Cryptonator Fees and Limits
The Cryptonator wallet fees for the various cryptocurrencies can be briefly listed as below:
- Bitcoin– 0.00010000 BTC
- Bcash-0.00010000 BCH
- Bytecoin– 0.10000000 BCN
- Dogecoin-1.00000000 DOGE
- Dash-0.00100000 DASH
- Emercoin-0.01000000 EMC
- Ethereum-0.00100000 ETH
- Ethereum Classic-0.00100000 ETC
- Litecoin-0.00100000 LTC
- Monero-0.00100000 XMR
- Peercoin-0.01000000 PPC
- Ripple-0.10000000 XRP
- Zcash-0.00010000 ZEC
Cryptonator Supported Currencies
The currencies supported by the Cryptonator wallet can be broadly listed as below:
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
- BlackCoin (BLK)
- Bytecoin (BCN)
- Dashcoin (DSH)
- Dogecoin (DOGE)
- Emercoin (EMC)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- Litecoin (LTC)
- Monero (XMR)
- PeerCoin (PPC)
- Primecoin (XPM)
- ReddCoin (RDD)
- Ripple (XRP)
- ZCash (ZEC)
It also offers support for a number of fiat currencies including:
- United States Dollar (USD)
- Euro (EUR)
- Russian Ruble (RUB)
- Ukrainian Hryvnia (UAH)
Is Cryptonator Safe?
One of the top security features implemented by Cryptonator includes a two-factor authentication security protocol. It involves sending a one-time 6-digit code to the user’s registered number to be allowed access to their accounts.
About 90% of all funds are stored offline and the Cryptonator employees have no access to this money. It decreases the risks of theft. All the traffic on the website is SSL encrypted which makes it harder to hack the wallet website. Another important safety feature is that users have full control over their private keys.
How to register on Cryptonator?
How to recover the Cryptonator password?
In cases wherein you forget the password, Go to the sign-in page and then click the “Forgot Password” option. That will prompt you to enter the email address you used to create the account. Once you do that, you will get an automated email with password reset instructions.
How to Add funds in Cryptonator?
- Step 1:
Click on the “Send” button on the top left side of the screen and a drop-down menu will appear.
- Step 2:
Select the coin you want to send. For illustration purposes, let us send Bitcoin.
- Step 3:
Copy the Bitcoin address to which you want to send the payment and paste it in the “To the Bitcoin address” section.
- Step 4:
Select the type and amount of coins that you want to send. The wallet will automatically populate the “Transaction Fee” box and the “Amount Gross.”
- Step 5:
Verify that all the details are correct and then click on the “Preview Payment” box.
- Step 6:
A confirmation will pop up, giving you another opportunity to double-check the details. After you have confirmed everything is correct, click “Send.”
How to Withdraw funds in Cryptonator?
- Step 1:
Click on “Balance” which is the first button on the top left side.
- Step 2:
Select the coin that you want to receive. For illustration purposes, we will use bitcoin. Next to every cryptocurrency, including bitcoin, there is a downward-facing arrow. Click on that button.
- Step 3:
Click “Show my Bitcoin wallet address” to view your Cryptonator wallet address.
- Step 4:
When the address shows up, copy it.
- Step 5:
Paste your Cryptonator wallet address on the relevant medium and send it to the payer so that he can transfer bitcoins to your wallet.
Cryptonator Pros and Cons
- Supports multiple fiat currencies.
- Users do not need an identity verification
- Multi-currency wallet
- As a hot wallet, it is easily accessible
- Implement all possible measures to secure funds.
- Cryptonator exchange fees are relatively high
- It supports a limited range of cryptocurrencies
- Cryptonator does not offer leveraged trading
- The wallet is unregulated and therefore poses risks to users
- Users cannot import their existing wallets to Cryptonator
- It is prone to phishing and hacking attacks by malicious systems
Cryptonator is considered to be a secure web wallet with a user-friendly interface that integrates a wide range of security features. It is ideal for users looking for a cryptocurrency platform with a two-factor authentication feature.
It is an automatic exchange platform that supports a wide array of coins. Thus Cryptonator is quite a convenient multi-currency wallet with some nice features for the users.
- On April 20, 2020, Due to the significant drop in the #BCH hash rate, there was an increase in the required number of confirmations for this network to 20.
- On May 20, 2020, Due to the significantly increased Bitcoin network fees, the Bitcoin sending fee is adjusted to 0.00025 BTC per outgoing transaction.
- On June 04, 2020, Added support for bech32 bitcoin withdrawal addresses.
- On Aug 03, 2020, The Ethereum network fees were adjusted as the sending fee to 0.005 ETH per outgoing transaction