A Bitcoin wallet is a software program that store Bitcoin. BTC.com wallet ensures the safe and easy storage of Bitcoins.
BTC.com Bitcoin wallet conveniently store, send and transact bitcoin. The users looking for a secure option to keep their funds, without any hardware hassles or complex interfaces, BTC.com is worth considering.
The BTC hybrid wallet supports and serves only Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash. The mobile wallet allows only US-based users to purchase Bitcoin via the app on Glidera exchange.
This bitcoin wallet is a hot storage application where private keys are stored in-app.
What is the BTC.com Wallet?
BTC.com was established by Bitmain- the company behind Antminer mining rigs. BTC.com wallet combines security with ease of use to deliver a good service. It is available online at BTC.com. BTC.com bitcoin wallet provides clean, no-frills interface that is easy to navigate.
The standout aspects that BTC.com hybrid wallet offers:
- Privacy: The bitcoin wallet never accesses the private key, giving you the full control over your fund security.
- Send directly to contacts: You can sync your contacts and send bitcoin directly without importing the bitcoin addresses.
- Support for Bitcoin Cash: The mobile wallet was already working with Bitcoin and also supported the Bitcoin Cash blockchain as well.
BTC.com hybrid wallet has a good design with quick and easy interface. The mobile wallet app is well-known with over 100,000 downloads. The BTC.com wallet is good for beginners and advanced users alike.
The bitcoin wallet is compatible with Web, iOS and Android as well.
Company behind the BTC.com Wallet
BTC.com is a Fintech Netherland-based company. Recently, BTC.com was acquired by Bitmain- the China-based company.
Bitmain is the world’s leading Bitcoin hardware manufacturer. It is also the operator of one of Bitcoin network’s largest mining pools.
In 2016, BTC.com was rebranded and was named “Block trail”. BTC.com is located in Beijing- one of the main hand behind the companies is “Jihan Wu”.
BTC.com Bitcoin Wallet Features
The Bitcoin wallet offers many exciting features:
- Master seed backup (one backup secures your bitcoin forever)
- Two Key Factor Authentications
- Create unlimited bitcoin addresses
- Enhanced on-chain privacy
- Push the priority transactions directly to the BTC.com mining pool (super-fast)
- Send bitcoins to friends easily without asking them the bitcoin address
- Customization of wallet together with personal profile picture
- Supported currency denominations: USD, EUR, CNY, PAG, ARS, GBP, BoB, CLP, PEN, PYG, MXN, NGN, UYU, VEF, CRC, INR
- com wallet is one of the largest mining pools in the space
- The mobile wallet is part of Bitmain Technologies- the leading bitcoin mining manufacturer
BTC.com Hybrid Wallet Fees
The BTC.com wallet is free to download and use. However, you need to pay fees to the bitcoin network.
BTC.com mobile wallet let you set the fee rate based on transaction priority. You need to pay more if you need faster transaction speeds.
Few things to get familiar with:
View real-time and historical data on transactions, bitcoin addresses, and economy.
- Mentions: Track all the mentions of specific bitcoin addresses.
- Stats: Follow all stats for specific addresses.
- Search via QR: Search any QR code in just single click, directly from the homepage
On September 13, 2016, BTC.com launched a mining pool. The mining pool offers FPPS mining approach.
The BTC.com team has built a new settlement mode named “FPPS” (full pay-per-share). It targets to benefit the miners via high transaction fees. You can refer more info here: BTC.com Mining Pool
View statistics for block version, pool distribution, block size, transaction fees, address rich list and more here: BTC.com Statistics
Where is BTC.com Wallet Available?
Download the BTC.com hybrid wallet app:
- For Android from Google Play
- For iOS from the App Store
- From the web at BTC.com
Partners and Integrated Software
- Glidera ( US-Only)
How to Add Currency to BTC.com Bitcoin Wallet?
Mobile users can download the BTC.com mobile wallet app from the relevant app store. For the web version, navigate BTC.com.
To create bitcoin wallet enter an email address and password. Verify your email address to finalize wallet creation. You can add bitcoin to your account as soon as the wallet is created. Let’s see how:
- Navigate to “My Wallet” from the main menu, here you will find your public wallet address.
- To transfer bitcoin into your account, forward it to the particular address.
- You can access this info from the “Receive” tab. It provides easy options, such as a wallet QR code to be shared via text or email for quick access.
How to Make Payments with BTC.com Hybrid Wallet?
The BTC.com bitcoin wallet offers multiple convenient ways to pay with bitcoin.
To send payment, navigate to the “Send” option from the main menu. Enter the amount you want to send. Here you can see multiple options:
- Manual Entry: The standard method to send payment is to enter the bitcoin wallet address of the receiving party.
To enter a long string of letters/numbers manually is not an easiest route. In addition, there is a risk of human error.
Fortunately, BTC.com wallet offers alternative payment options with easy process.
- QR Code:Majority of bitcoin addresses have unique QR codes linked with them, including this mobile wallet.
To send payment, you can use the QR code method. This lets you scan the QR code of the receiving address and click send.
- Sync with Contacts: The innovative and convenient feature of BTC.com Hybrid wallet. It provides the ability to sync to your phone’s contacts.
You can actually send money to any of the contacts. If they don’t have a bitcoin address, BTC.com creates one for them.
BTC.com bitcoin wallet uses encryption to keep the phone numbers safe, including your own. Via encryption, it matches wallets, creates new addresses for every transaction, and finishes them without accessing any personal details.
Is BTC.com Mobile Wallet Safe?
In general, online wallets are mostly considered less secure than offline wallets. Anything that links to the Internet is more vulnerable to cyber-attacks.
The BTC.com wallet employs a fairly robust safety infrastructure to secure the funds. Some safety features of bitcoin wallet include:
- Full control over private keys
- HD addresses (Hierarchical Deterministic)
- Open source platform
- 2-of-3 multi-signature
What’s Coming next- The BTC.com Wallet?
Further integration with Bitcoin Cash
The BTC.com mobile wallet previously added support for Bitcoin Cash. This feature is currently live. The company announced its plans to improve navigation between bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.
The customer service seems good at BTC.com. It is all handled at Bitmain Technologies. To contact, just click the contact us tab and fill in a support ticket.
The representative’s contacts you as soon as they receive it and resolve the issue.
BTC.com Bitcoin Wallet Review
BTC.com is open source, free, and multi-platform. The bitcoin wallet offers a Blockchain explorer, statistics, wallet as well as API. It supports an extensive number of currencies and languages. In addition, it let you buy/sell Bitcoins via its partnership with Glidera. You can also send and receive Cryptocurrencies via QR codes.
There are many things you can consider while choosing the right crypto wallet. As discussed above there is much facility that BTC.com wallet offers, however your requirements might not be the same! So you need to research till the moment you get satisfied with the specifications.
But, I will have to say this is a good place to have a secure wallet.