News View Non-AMP

Will Pi Network Coin Pump Ahead of the Protocol 22 Upgrade Deadline?

Published by
Rizwan Ansari

Pi Network’s Protocol 22 upgrade deadline is just days away, and millions of Pi holders are hoping that Pi coin price will see a pump before the deadline.

As of now, Pi Coin (PI) is currently trading around $0.17, showing only a small gain as rising US–Iran tensions continue to hurt investor sentiment and keep trading cautious.

Pi Network Protocol 22 Upgrade Deadline Approaches April 27

According to the official confirmation from Pi Network developers, all node operators must complete the mandatory upgrade to Protocol 22.1 by April 27, 2026. 

Nodes that fail to transition from version 21.2 will face automatic disconnection from the network. 

This is more than just a routine update. It prepares the network for the upcoming Protocol 23 upgrade in May, which is expected to introduce full smart contract functionality.

Geopolitical Tensions Are Keeping PI Price Suppressed For Now

Despite the upgrade excitement, Pi Coin’s price is still under pressure due to global market weakness. Rising US–Iran tensions, especially around the Strait of Hormuz, have triggered a broader risk-off sentiment.

The situation worsened after Iran refused to resume peace talks unless the US lifts its blockade, followed by the US seizure of an Iranian-flagged cargo ship. This has added more uncertainty to the markets.

This “risk-off” environment is limiting buying activity in smaller tokens like Pi, and even Bitcoin is struggling to break above $76K. 

Will Pi Network Coin Price Pump?

Historically, major network upgrades have acted as short-term price catalysts for the Pi token. At the time of the second migration event on March 28 triggered a 3.8% rally, and ahead of Pi Day, the token surged nearly 15%. 

With the upgrade deadline now closed, similar pre-event buying activity could return. In fact, early signs are already visible. 

A large outflow of over 1.7 million PI tokens from OKX suggests that some holders are moving their coins off exchanges, often seen as a sign that they are not planning to sell anytime soon.

Any bullish rally will test Pi day’s high price of $0.22, which will set the stage for further rally. 

Trust with CoinPedia:

CoinPedia has been delivering accurate and timely cryptocurrency and blockchain updates since 2017. All content is created by our expert panel of analysts and journalists, following strict Editorial Guidelines based on E-E-A-T (Experience, Expertise, Authoritativeness, Trustworthiness). Every article is fact-checked against reputable sources to ensure accuracy, transparency, and reliability. Our review policy guarantees unbiased evaluations when recommending exchanges, platforms, or tools. We strive to provide timely updates about everything crypto & blockchain, right from startups to industry majors.

Investment Disclaimer:

All opinions and insights shared represent the author's own views on current market conditions. Please do your own research before making investment decisions. Neither the writer nor the publication assumes responsibility for your financial choices.

Sponsored and Advertisements:

Sponsored content and affiliate links may appear on our site. Advertisements are marked clearly, and our editorial content remains entirely independent from our ad partners.

Rizwan Ansari

Rizwan is an experienced Crypto journalist with almost half a decade of experience covering everything related to the growing crypto industry — from price analysis to blockchain disruption. During this period, he’s authored more than 3,000 news articles for Coinpedia News.

Recent Posts

Crypto News: Vitalik Buterin Arrives In Mumbai Ahead Of Devcon,

Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin has landed in Mumbai ahead of Devcon, the Ethereum Foundation’s flagship…

November 1, 2026

Binance Withdrawals Resume Today: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Solana In First Phase

Binance will begin restoring withdrawals on Sunday, November 1, after last week’s record hack, with…

November 1, 2026

Chainlink Price Prediction: Could Bulls Lose $10 Before Bulls Regain Control?

Chainlink is approaching a decisive rice zone, and the road to $20 is anything but…

October 31, 2026

Can RENDER Price Prediction Put $3 Back in Reach?

RENDER is sitting at a critical zone, and the next move could decide whether its…

October 31, 2026

Bitcoin, Gold, Silver & Stocks Face a Market-Wide Sell-Off: Why Is Everything Falling at Once?

The global markets are heading into November on a bearish note, displaying uncertainty with rising…

October 31, 2026

Stacks Price Rallies as Bitcoin Staking Gains Traction: What Comes Next?

Stacks (STX) is showing signs of a stronger recovery after spending much of October under…

October 31, 2026