One of the leading South Korean tech giant- Samsung, has released six new decentralized apps (dApps) to be integrated into the blockchain wallet of its Galaxy S10.
The latest dApps added include crypto-based game platform
- The Hunters – It is a game platform based on crypto
- Berry Pick – It is a social media dApp platform which rewards active online users
- MyCryptoHeroes – It is a gaming dApp powered by blockchain
- X-Wallet – It is a decentralized wallet app by Pundi X that supports Ether, Bitcoin, as well as Binance Coin
- Misetoktok – It is a dApp that offers pollution level and air quality monitoring in real-time
- Syrup Table – It is a network for reviewing restaurants
Additionally, Samsung has also plans to increase its dApp offerings very frequently. It is said that around 6 to 8 more dApps will be added in the coming week.
According to the official statement: “The blockchain wallet will act as a kind of app store. Samsung has conceded OS supremacy to Google, but the company’s strategy now involves building up an app ecosystem that can outdo Google’s offering in the blockchain sector,”
On the other hand, The platform has released the beta version Ethereum-based blockchain SDK for the latest series of Galaxy smartphones. According to the official post, this SDK Boost payment activities, authorization of digital signatures, also link users to any cold wallets not just Samsung KeyStore. Moreover, the beta version SDK will ease the creation of transactions and the result of the transfer will be sent to a blockchain node.
However, the final version will be announced by the end of 2019. Moreover, the company is also planning to launch its native token “Samsung Coin” by 2020.