This seems to be a big move for rounding up its crypto financial product suites. Their users can now perform futures contract trading, perpetual swap, and spot trading together with margin and leverage only at one stop. However, the service will be officially live at OKEx next week by December 11, 2018, around 01:00 (GMT+9).
The OKEx exchange is a Malta leading digital asset platform. Perpetual Swap is basically a P2P, a virtual derivative that OKEx has designed. This will allow the traders to speculate the direction of digital assets prices like Bitcoin.
What is OKEx Product- Perpetual Swap?
This new technology is design as to help traders check the price trends of cryptocurrencies for themselves in a better way. It works same as the futures contract, with no expiry. The settlements accomplish on a daily basis. Respective clients can accordingly stretch and reduce a position to profit analyzing drop and enhancement of an asset, leveraging up to 100x.
The users can incorporate a provision for mark price mechanism which will avoid unnecessary liquidation. This will also minimize the transaction fees. Additionally, will result in quick settlements, partial liquidation system will reduce the influence of forces liquidation. Moreover, tier margin system will let traders leverage, and stay in lines with consisting risk appetite and market conditions as well.
The Perpetual Swap serves traders following features exceptional to futures contract:
- No expiry: The trader’s positions can be stretch indefinitely;
- Trade is nearly close to the underlying reference index. This is not the case of futures contract; traders normally can trade at a distinct price to spot market
- Leverage level of 1-100x are freely available
- Traders can track the spot market price through a funding mechanism
- They have the access to mark price mechanism which avoids unnecessary liquidation
- Swaps can settle fast and traders can withdraw profits on a daily basis;
- Partial liquidation system – minimizing the market impact during forced liquidation
The Financial Market Director at OKEx, Lennix Lai says the new product as a “key milestone for OKEx”. He continues,
The launch of perpetual swap demonstrated our continuous commitment to build a complete financial ecosystem on blockchain and crypto. With the new offering, investors and traders can select the products which best fit their trading and hedging strategies.
Moreover, Lai reminds their users about the products’ high leverage nature, considering risk control strategies are equally crucial while trading.