Fundsrat, an independent research boutique, and Bitcoin bull declare its new five indexes to monitor Cryptocurrencies. It was aimed at institutional investors, FX indexes and FS cryptos are the most prominent and recent speculation instruments.
Bitcoin 55K USD in 5 Years
After Bitcoin reached gold parity in Spring, highly cited Wall Street prophet Thomas Lee’s framework for valuing Bitcoin as a substitute for gold.
In it, Co-founder of Fundstart Global Advisors (FGA) Mr. Lee, clearly accomplished “bitcoin’s value per unit could be $20,000 to $55,000 by 2022”. He was the former analyst for JPMorgan Chase, and the first well-known trader to dabble so deliberately.
Since Bitcoin has virtually double has only reinforcement his legend. However, considering standard for value, gold was an equally gutsy move for a vested financial guru.
Talk meets Walk
Significantly, cryptocurrencies have been classified by cryptoassets as stand-alone equities or commodities. However, these are financial sector’s latest attempt to mainstream digital currency.
Recently, Roger Bryan’s Digital Currency Index (DCI) essentially becomes an industry benchmark. Accordingly, an average of 30 digital currencies traded on Kraken and Bittrex– it weights by price. Since, market capitalization determines listed currencies and recalculates for every three months.
Recently, William Mougayar announced his eponymous High Growth Cryptoassets Index (WMX). “Strategic selection” index was to place over 12 currencies in order of weighted rank percentage.
Thomas Lee Toe Dip
Sustainably, Fundstart’s Mr. Lee to make predictions, asserting bitcoin’s trading volume could overtake Apple. Every day, trading top cryptocurrencies are getting close to 4 billion USD. Surprisingly, several finance professionals aiding in Thomas Lee’s prophetic street cred.
CNBC’s reporter, who covers Thomas Lee extensively, Evelyn Cheng was able to get a breakdown of FGA indexes:
- 10 FS Crypto — tracks the 10 largest and most liquid digital currencies including bitcoin, ethereum, ripple, litecoin, dash, IOTA, and monero.
- 40 FS Crypto — trails the top 11 to 50 digital currencies by market value and liquidity including NEM, bitconnect and Lisk.
- 250 FS Crypto — follows the top 51 to 300 cryptocurrencies by market value and liquidity including BitcoinDark, Singular DTV and FirstCoin.
- 300 FS Crypto — tracks the 300 largest digital currencies by market value and liquidity.
- FS Crypto Aggregate — trails the performance of 630 digital currencies.
Moreover, all his boldness, this is a toe-dip for Mr. Lee. Therefore, none of FGA’s indexes are purchasable.