Quick News : TimeCoin’s Special Token Sale
The Healthcare Industry and Doctors are a prominent entity for livelihood and in the COVID-19 pandemic situation the Doctors turned out to be the real Heroes. The world needs a better and efficient healthcare system( technology) that can make us prepared for future challenges.
Technology no doubt plays a major role in global healthcare, but as they say “ modern problems need modern solutions”. Blockchain Technology can be the next technological implementation of the system.
Blockchain has already entered the healthcare industry and doctors are loving it! The Idea of Keeping records and monitoring reports using blockchain technology is a game-changer for Doctors.
Like the first successful attempt was done by Estonia in 2012 to secure healthcare data and process transactions.
Read some amazing applications of Blockchain to Doctors Fraternity.
- Securing the record of the patients, concealing the identity and medical data with complex and secure codes. It also allows the patients, doctors, and healthcare providers to share their data quickly and safely.
- Maintaining data on blockchain will nullify the possibilities of any costly mistakes as it streamlines medical records. The time which was consumed in scanning patient records results in delays in patient care and also exhausts staff resources. Blockchain can just make the process very simple by maintaining a shared database and personalized care plans.
- Supply chain management and drug traceability. It provides the answer to the questions like, Are my medicines original and not tampered? And Is my medicine coming from a legitimate supplier?
- Blockchain follows a fully transparent shipping process right from the point from the origin i.e. the laboratory to the customer. The blockchain ledger will record every data in every step of the process.
- Research track: Blockchain has attained some massive breakthroughs in Genomics which is the study of genes and DNA. It can be a safe house of billions of genetic points and also a marketplace where people can sell & share their findings. This might be very helpful for scientists.
On the other hand, it has reduced the cost drastically. The research which cost about a billion in 2001 now costs just $1000.
How Blockchain could help in Pandemic Situations Like COVID-19?
Blockchain is a Proven technology and is a modern reliable source for processing information in a faster, safer, and efficient manner. COVID like pandemics needs to be tracked, monitored, and analyzed very accurately and Blockchain can be of more help.
Considering the benefits of blockchain in the pandemic situation, the role blockchain could play is very vital. Several governments are using the technology for managing data, healthcare IT systems, and sharing information.
- Managing Sensitive Data
In any pandemic situation, a huge number of medical data has to be stored and secured properly. The data like patients’ names, treatments, and progress can be tracked. This, in turn, will help in diagnosis, treatment, and research for discovering a new vaccine.
- Monitoring Healthcare
As the blockchain is decentralized and does not depend on any authority, tracking and monitoring doctors, government agencies, healthcare officials, testing centres and morgues become easier. So, preventive measures can be planned in advance.
- Increase awareness among people
Blockchain ledgers cannot be defaced easily, the information which has to be spread among the people like Infection details, No.of infections, preventive measures, etc can be exhibited. There will be no room for any modification by anyone else other than the creator.
- Track Infections on real-time
The doctors, scientists can easily keep an eye on the infected people’s record, their symptoms, recovery and many more in real-time. This will help to control the transmission and analyze the current situation.
Blockchain for the future of a better healthcare system
Blockchain technology has proved the most secured technology on which one can rely on transfer. Hence it is expected the blockchain-powered automated system may pave way for a reduced healthcare administrative cost.
In the coming years, we can witness the transition of all the companies, organizations and governments healthcare products on this platform within 3-5 years. Therefore personal and population health data might become the core opportunities for blockchain.
Blockchain already scoring high in some countries
China, one of the early adopters of blockchain technology, started working on it well before the crisis emerged. The most popular platforms like Baidu, Alibaba and Tencent entered the healthcare industry to provide them with blockchain solutions.
Recently, in the pandemic situation, many blockchain-based applications were developed to serve the needy. For eg, one of the leading courier services, SF express used blockchain to send essential supplies to people.
Singapore is also known for blockchain innovations. The government also is very progressive in adopting blockchain technology.
SGInnovate, Singapore’s government-owned deep technology firm, has invested in MediLot Technologies which is a blockchain and healthcare analytics start-up.
In another example, a company called Algorand Foundation launched a blockchain-based application called ‘IReport-COVID’. This was an informative platform where the users could report any data they have about the virus.
Combining everything in a nutshell
Blockchain is the future technology that is capable of entering any industry. Healthcare is one such industry that will have a greater impact on technology in the coming days. All the overloads and extras can be removed using this technology by increasing productivity.
“If you need legal help after encountering issues with your healthcare then JJS Justice can offer support and advice to read more about how blockchain is working for the healthcare industry as a whole, please read here“