The crypto index unit of Bitwise Asset Management, Bitwise is the first crypto index fund creator in the world.
We're excited to announce the launch of new Mid Cap, Small Cap and Total Market crypto indexes, and to formally introduce the Bitwise Crypto Index Advisory Board, with Spencer Bogart @CremeDeLaCrypto and former Bloomberg/S&P indexing exec Srikant Dash: https://t.co/Vf2OsiMOAz
— Bitwise (@BitwiseInvest) August 15, 2018
These crypto indexes are declared via their subsidiary Bitwise Index Services. The company is also modifying its HOLD 10 Index.
The new cryptocurrency index palette includes:
- 10 Large-Cap Crypto Index (ticker: BITX), formerly known as Bitwise HOLD 10 Index;
- 20 Mid-Cap Crypto Index (ticker: BITW20);
- 70 Small-Cap Crypto Index (ticker: BITW70);
- 100 Total Market Crypto Index (ticker: BITW100).
Bitwise new crypto indexes are accessible via the built financial trading ecosystems, such as Bloomberg, Factset, Reuters, some more data aggregators together with Bitwise website and API. Moreover, the company also introduced the formation of API access and favorable benchmarking for hedge funds.
The Global Head of Research, Matt Hougan quoting on the indexes:
Our indexes are built from the ground up to respond specifically to the crypto market. The methodology draws on best practices from the modern indexing of equities, bonds, commodities & fiat currencies, and pairs them with crypto-native factors to ensure the indexes are safe replicable. We believe they are the best representation of the investable crypto asset market in the world.
In addition to this, Bitwise also declared their new index advisory board for managing the indexes. The new team includes previous executives, holding great experience in the field of institutional indexing and cryptocurrency space as well.
- Spencer Bogart is the head of research and partner at Blockchain Capital
- Srikant Dash is the former research head at Standard & Poor’s Indices and global indexing head at Bloomberg. He will participate and work with Matt Hougan in the new board.
- Matt Hougan is the global head of research at Bitwise.
The index system considers the procedures which can help minimize the risks associated with the regulatory status, security, liquidity, and another factor. The methodology mainly aims at representing the investable cryptocurrency market space to the fullest degree.
You can also subscribe to our newsletter to get more recent updates.