What is a VPN?
A virtual private network (VPN) creates a private network from a public internet connection, giving you online privacy and anonymity. Your internet protocol (IP) address is hidden behind a VPN, making your online activities virtually untraceable. Most importantly, VPN services establish secure and encrypted connections to provide greater privacy than even a secured Wi-Fi hotspot.
Why do I need a VPN?
When you browse the web or conduct business on an unprotected Wi-Fi network, you risk exposing your personal information and browsing history. That is why everyone concerned about their online security and privacy should invest in a virtual private network, sometimes known as a VPN.
Consider how many times you’ve been on the move, checking your bank account while standing in line at the doctor’s office or reading emails while waiting in line at the coffee shop. Any data transmitted during your online session could be exposed to eavesdropping by strangers using the same network unless you were logged into a private Wi-Fi network that requires a password.
Why is a VPN important for trading?
The anonymity of Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other cryptocurrencies has never been completely guaranteed. Instead, they are “pseudonymous,” allowing you to trade under a fictitious or fraudulent identity.
For security and legal concerns, many exchanges now require you to go through a Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti Money Laundering (AML) verification process. To put it another way, before you can trade with them, they need your true name.
A VPN masks your IP address, granting you greater online anonymity. One allows you to trade more safely because it encrypts your Internet connection to a separate server, assuring the security of your data.
Fortunately for Bitcoin traders, most crypto exchanges employ HTTPS end-to-end encryption, which means hackers won’t be able to access your data unless your equipment has severe security flaws.
A VPN, on the other hand, adds an extra degree of security by masking your online behavior.
- You can also use a VPN to gain access to geo-restricted crypto exchanges by changing your IP address to one in another country. Let’s imagine you’re in Delhi, India, and you’d like to use a crypto exchange in New York. You can change your IP address to one from the United States and trade as if you were from there. You can also trade while using a VPN, confident in the knowledge that you’re not leaving an online trace.
- If you trade cryptocurrencies, you’re already aware that there are little if any regulatory safeguards in place, even if you’re hacked by criminals. In the end, it’s up to you to keep your online wallet safe.
Why is NordVPN the best?
NordVPN includes OpenVPN and NordVPN’s WireGuard-based NordLynx support for strong encryption and great performance, as well as a kill switch and DNS leak protection to secure your identity.
Double data encryption and Onion support for extra security, as well as an ad, malware, and phishing prevention with NordVPN’s CyberSec technology, are not-so-common features. P2P support is a big benefit, and NordVPN’s Panama registration and unambiguous no-logging policy offer you a lot of confidence that your online activity won’t be seen by anyone else.
What are the Features of NordVPN?
There are several features of NordVPN that make it easily one of the best in the market:
- The best VPN for using on numerous devices: You can secure up to six devices with only one subscription. Use the finest VPN apps for your phone and computer to be safe.
- It’s simple to use: Our simple VPN was created with your convenience in mind — simply choose a server, click connect, and you’re done.
- Any gadget can be protected: Download the best VPN for Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, and Firestick, or try our Chrome and Firefox browser extensions. To secure your home, set up the best VPN on your network.
- Longer-term savings: Best paid VPN security for up to 6 devices – all from a single account. A NordVPN subscription is only a few dollars a month, so start protecting yourself today. Compare the many plans available.
- We demand an independent investigation: We asked PricewaterhouseCoopers AG Switzerland, a leading auditing firm, to examine our statements to demonstrate that we are a trustworthy VPN committed to transparency with our users.
You can trade with greater confidence if you use a VPN since you have an extra layer of security in place. If you’re a Bitcoin trader, it’s a good idea to utilize a VPN that keeps no tracks and, better yet, one that accepts cryptocurrency payments. Click here to get NordVPN with a 72% discount.