According to data from Google trends, people are more akin towards cryptocurrency exchange than searching for the term “Bitcoin” or cryptocurrencies. Crypto exchanges or Bitcoin trading platform have increased enormously in recent times – every day or the other, we often get a headline on the launch of new cryptocurrency exchange. A few numbers of digital currency exchanges will be operating within the counties and few other countries are running their business in other countries in order to prevent regulatory oversight and prosecution of the home nation.
In this article, we emphasize few of the top cryptocurrency exchanges, operating in Africa
Bitmari – Send Money To Zimbabwe
Bitmari is one of most innovative bitcoin startups in Africa. It provides mobile wallets and remittance services by clouting the bitcoin blockchain which makes the faster transaction at a very reasonable price.
- It was founded in 2015 and is expanding from Zimbabwe into the various parts of Africa.
- Bitmari is the pan African Bitcoin wallet which is used for send money to Zimbabwe.
- The user can refer someone to send money with Bitmari and earn up to 25% commission on the transaction fees with Bitmari Referral Program.
- Bitmari supports various languages such as Shona Ndebele, Wolof, Swahii, Tswana, Zulu Sotho and so on. It also takes the security of Bitcoin, like all the private keys are stored in the system.
Website – https://www.bitmari.com
CM Trading – Your Local International Broker
It is a unique forex commission service that operates in the center of Johannesburg, South Africa. It is the innovative platform and strives hard to provide an enjoyable trading environment to manage a quick execution from other providers.
- CM trading is operating across various places like Seychelles and offers a full-service trading experience to a constituency of customers which explore across the globe.
- Although the CM Trading is a web-based exchange and features mobile trading, its minimum deposit is $250. It doesn’t entertain any US Clients.
- The Funding methods are all major credit/debit cards, bank wire transfers, CashU and Skrill.
- The platform utilized for trading cryptocurrencies are MetaTrader 4 and Sirix.
Website – https://www.cmtrading.com/
CryptoChange – South Africa Bitcoin Exchange
It is online cryptocurrency exchange, operating since 2016. It has around 2,500 clients and appears to provide the diverse range of digital currencies such as Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dash, SACoin, Yash and so on. CryptoChange is a new player in South African exchange ecosystem and provides a range of different digital currency trading options.
- CryptoChange is enabling Bitcoin purchase from South African Banks through direct bank transfer.
- It features both Know Your Customers (KYC) and Anti Money Laundering (AML) Legislation in Southern African nations that requires a wide range of different identity documents from users.
- The documents include name, address, phone number and other personal information such as passport, national ID, utility bills and photo IDs.
Website – https://www.cryptochange.co.za/
BitPesa Bitcoin exchange
It is a digital foreign exchange and payment platform for the frontier markets. BitPesa was established in November 2013 and head office is located at Nairobi, Kenya. It has launched its beta site with a service which allows users to send money to any mobile money wallet in Kenya.
- BitPesa provides African and International business which makes payment to all the various African countries and includes Senegal and DRC.
- Recently, BitPesa took over TransferZero. It is an online money transfer company in Spain.
- Additionally, the platform allows users to engage in global bitcoin exchanges using local currencies and undertakes money dealing in foreign exchange.
Website – https://public.bitpesa.co/
Payplux – Buy or Sell Perfect Money
Payplux is a platform for E currency exchange, functioning since November 15, 2012. It is initially a Ghana crypto exchange which provides its service across Africa. Additionally, tt is featuring as an industry leader in e-currencies and payment solutions and the crypto services for companies and individuals in Ghana and Nigeria. PayPlus works on the principles of credibility and security.
- PayPlus has a fair and personal approach that offers payment solutions to large companies as well as individuals to transfer or exchange funds.
- It is working with numerous banks and mobile wallets.
- However, the platform enables the purchasing and selling of litecoin, bitcoin, PerfectMoney, and Ether.
Website – http://www.payplux.com/
Golix – Digital Currencies for People in Africa
It is a cryptocurrency exchange platform based at Zimbabwe. Golix is the simplest way for Africans to transfer value between Fiat and cryptocurrencies. This is the best method to transfer fiat currencies into cryptocurrencies.
- The main motto of Golix is to aid people of Sub Saharan Africa for purchasing and selling Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
- Recently, Golix filed a lawsuit against reserve bank of Zimbabwe. Golix is selling their GLX token which is an Ethereum ERC20 token, funtioning from June 1st.
- Moreover, the buyers can purchase GLX token by utilizing their bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH).
Website – https://golix.com/
Kobocoin – Bitcoin Exchange
It is a decentralized P2P digital currency and micropayment system. Felix Onyemech Ugoji, a Nigerian businessman, and developer from UK is the person behind KoboCoin. Nonetheless, it tends to provide quick and cost-effective alternatives for Africans.
- Kobocoin combines four unique human-friendly denominations such as KOBO, MANILLA, COWRIE and MANSA.
- Kobocoin utilizes fraction amount of energy which requires keeping the bitcoin ecosystem running. The blockchain technology of Kobocoin provides access to everyone regardless of credit status or banking history.
- The blockchain is a platform which allows and encourages the developer to create apps on the market demands.
Website – https://kobocoin.com/
These are few other crypto-exchanges which provide services to other African countries.
Functioning from 2014 in Hong Kong by George Harrap and Maxine Ryan, Bitspark is a Blockchain Remittance Company. Moreover, it runs as a Bitcoin and Altcoin exchange. Bitspark is a B2B service which caters to transfer money from various Asian countries to African countries. It has the largest network in Asia and is teaming up with the local banks of Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, Pakistan, and Nigeria.
Abra from 2014 is operating under the entrepreneurship of Bill Barhydt in Saratoga, California. In 2016, the firm open Abra in Philippines and United States. Recently, Abra supported Bitcoin launched nearly 50 currencies all over the world. Abra trading platform lets transfer money utilizing Bitcoin. The firm has a bitcoin-based digital wallet app. The user can install the app on the smartphone and then send or receive money from other users. Additionally, Abra is providing its services to all African countries and exploring their business.
It is a Nigeria Bitcoin exchange and launches its bitcoin remittance service which allows Nigerians to send and receive money with zero fees and at reasonable rates. However, it has been registered with the Canadian money services business under FINTRAC (Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada). NiairaEx is a Canada financial intelligence unit, providing its services to Nigerian as well as African countries.
These are few crypto exchanges serving crypto trading across African Countries, suggest us on
Twitter if you know more!