Cryptocurrency has become one of the primary casino payment methods.
But is joining a crypto casino worth it?
With the constant growth in popularity of cryptos like Bitcoin, Ethereum and Dogecoin, more casino operators have implemented cryptocurrency as a payment method. This addition allows investors to use their digital currency to have fun and have a chance to earn an extra income.
Judging by the current state of the market, it’s safe to say that crypto will replace traditional payments soon. After all, the fees are lower, and the processing speed is almost non-existent.
Keep reading to learn everything you need to know about Bitcoin casinos and discover the best platforms you can join today.
Let’s get started:
The best Bitcoin casinos you can join
Recently, online casinos have expanded their horizons to a new payment option – cryptocurrency.
Since not all casino operators are made equal, we have curated a list of the best Bitcoin casinos available online, depending on the specific advantages that they provide to the player:
- Best cryptocurrency promotions – Bitstarz Casino
- Highest payout crypto platform – Red Dog Casino
- Most unique game collection – Fortune Jack Casino
- live casino games with crypto – CafeCasino
- altcoin casino – 7Bit Casino
- Best crypto sports betting site – Bovada
- Best Bitcoin casino in Canada – Bodog Casino
While we couldn’t include all the Bitcoin casinos available, we used a strict benchmarking methodology to filter the best platforms available on the market.
We tested dozens of gambling platforms and ranked them based on the following features:
- House edge;
- Gambling licenses and regulations;
- Cryptocurrency variations;
- Customer service availability;
- Withdrawal and deposit processing speed;
- Game variety;
- Bonuses and wagering requirements.
From our experience, joining any of the casinos on our list will offer you a memorable, hassle-free gambling experience. Still, this won’t guarantee that you will win your wagers, but it will ensure that you don’t have to worry about payouts or scams.
Recommendation: The crypto casino industry is constantly expanding. You can stay connected to the newest casino releases by checking the complete crypto operators list. The platform is constantly updated with fresh content, so you can claim the best Bitcoin casino promotions right after they’re released.
Cryptocurrency accepted at casinos
Right now, Bitcoin is the most important crypto on the market. Despite the recent announcements of Elon Musk claiming that the coin is not eco-friendly, analysts still consider it a reference for the prices of altcoins.
However, it would help if you understood that the crypto market is not limited to Bitcoin. Some operators accept a wide range of coins as payment methods. Others accept only Bitcoin, but you can indeed find a casino accepting the cryptos you’re holding.
Here is the complete list of the most popular cryptos used for gambling transactions:
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- Dash (DASH)
- Dogecoin (DOGE)
- Litecoin (LTC)
Once you’ve decided which crypto you want to use for deposits, you should find a casino operator that accepts it. It’s essential to read the Terms and Conditions carefully before you proceed to ensure that you won’t run into any trouble.
Even though Bitcoin is the most popular coin right now, it is not ideal for gambling payments. That’s because the BTC transaction fees are incredibly high, making it slightly inferior to the other cryptos on the list.
Tips: Crypto exchanges allow users to exchange their coins (similar to forex trading). Thus, even if your cryptocurrency is not included in the list, you can still find a way to deposit using virtual coins.
The advantages of using Bitcoin as a payment method
Is there any reason why you should use Bitcoin instead of traditional payment methods at the casino?
Can it actually improve your casino experience?
Based on our research, there are five advantages to Bitcoin casinos that you should consider:
- Instant transfers – Crypto payments are processed within seconds, making it an ideal payment option for gamblers who are constantly on the move and feel the need to wager some cash immediately. Since there are no security checks when depositing Bitcoin, you won’t have to wait for the deposit to arrive in your account.
- Special bonuses – To encourage players to use crypto deposits, casino operators have created exclusive promotions that can only be claimed if you use Bitcoin payments. When you deposit using cryptocurrency, some casinos will match your deposit or give you a small part of Bitcoin as a welcome bonus.
- Low or no fees – Whenever you gamble, you’re already risking your money. Thus, it’s crucial to avoid losing chunks of your budget along the way with payments like conversion or withdrawal fees. Since there is no third party involved when you’re depositing with crypto, you don’t have to worry about hidden costs. You will receive your winnings in full.
- Transaction anonymity – Every payment you make using credit cards or e-wallets leaves behind a digital footprint that anyone can track. Hackers can easily collect your personal and financial information and use it to make payments in your name. Bitcoin payments are encrypted, so you don’t have to worry about data leaks instead of focusing on entertainment.
- New gambling opportunities – If you’ve been gambling online for a while, you may have noticed that some operators don’t allow players from your country or deposits made with your local currency. Or maybe you’re using a payment method that is blacklisted due to a legal conflict between the country’s laws and the casino’s policies. Crypto casinos are the solution to this never-ending bureaucracy that restricts certain players from enjoying a gambling session.
Casino games you can play with Bitcoin
The casino game selection available at Bitcoin casinos isn’t too different from regular online casinos.
Obviously, the number of games you can play varies from one operator to another (depending on the licenses they’re holding).
Overall, these are the most popular games you can wager on using cryptocurrency:
- Slot machines
- Video poker
- Sports betting
Ideally, you want to check the casino’s game portfolio before you register. This way, you will be sure that your favourite games are available without wasting any time creating a new account.
In what currency are the casino games played?
This question is a bit more challenging to answer. Bitcoin casinos deal with the conversion issue differently. We were able to identify some common approaches that operators take when it comes to casino games:
- Your balance is held in Bitcoin, and your wagers will be made in BTC, but some casino games can only be played using FIAT currency (CAD, USD, EUR);
- You can deposit crypto, but your balance will be converted to USD for your convenience. Don’t worry. The balance is constantly updated to display the current exchange value, so you won’t lose any money during your conversion;
- You deposit and withdraw using your Bitcoin wallet, but your wagers will be made in USD. Essentially, when you deposit BTC, they will automatically be converted to USD at the current exchange rate. When you request a withdrawal, the USD will be converted back to Bitcoin, which means that your balance will be influenced by market fluctuation.
These are just three examples that we’ve found throughout our research. Since the crypto market is not yet regulated, casino operators are free to choose how they deal with BTC deposits.
Make sure you read the Terms and Conditions for crypto before you pick a casino platform.
Pro tip: If you can’t find the information anywhere on the site, you can contact customer support.
The bottom line – Are crypto casinos worth it?
Yes. From our experience, joining a Bitcoin casino is a great decision.
Cryptocurrency casinos can save you money (due to the low transactional fees), bring you instant gambling action without waiting for the payment to be processed, and can expand your casino action to new horizons that weren’t attainable in the past (mainly thanks to strict regulations)
Still, the crypto market is susceptible to market volatility, which can result in lower payouts if the price of the coin you’re using drops during the time frame that you’ve been gambling. However, we know that most people that deal with cryptocurrencies are already aware of that, so it shouldn’t be an issue.
Who knows, maybe in the near future, online casinos will exclusively accept cryptocurrency deposits. It makes sense, judging by the fact that these financial instruments are designed for fast, anonymous online payments, which is vital for anyone serious about gambling.
Remember that gambling and crypto investing are risky financial activities that can result in massive losses. Ideally, you want to set a budget that you can afford to lose and never chase your losses using the money you need for basic needs (e.g., rent, bills, gas).
Have fun and gamble responsibly!